- Your Government
- Public Works & Streets
- Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste Collection FacilityThe Regional Household Hazardous Waste Partnership, that includes St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, and the St. Louis Metropolitan Sewer District was created in 2013 to replace the one-day collection events previously hosted by St. Louis County Health Department to assist residents in the safe removal of hazardous waste.
Currently, there are two locations available to residents:
- 4100 Seven Hills Dr., Florissant MO 63033
- 291 E. Hoffmeister (on the grounds of the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District’s Lemay Waste Water Treatment Plant).
To schedule your reservation please visit www.hhwstl.com or call 314-615-8958.
Residents should bring proof of address to the appointment. Proof of address can be a utility bill or driver’s license. St. Louis County residents without internet access can call their jurisdiction for assistance in making a reservation at 314.615.8958
For program sustainability, the program has the following cost-sharing measures:
- Latex paint is being accepted for recycling, but residents will be required to pay the full cost. Please visit www.hhwstl.com for the most up to date pricing. Unlike other household chemical waste, latex paint is not actually hazardous. If completely dried out, latex paint can be safely disposed of with the trash. For directions on drying out paint, visit http://hhwstl.com/disposal#paint
For all other eligible HHW, there is a 50 pound limit.
- Residents with more than 50 pounds of HHW, have the option to bring it in at the time of the appointment, but they will be charged the contracted fee to handle the additional material. Please visit www.hhwstl.com for the most up to date pricing.
- Applicable fees can be paid using cash or a credit card. The facility will be accepting American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Checks will not be accepted and debit cards will have to be run as credit cards.