Leaf Pick Up
Yard waste includes Christmas trees, grass clippings, leaves, tree branches up to 6 inches in diameter and other similar vegetation wastes associated with yard and garden care and maintenance.
- Loose yard waste must be put in EMPTY resident-owned solid waste containers (35 gallon maximum) or PAPER yard waste bags (30 gallon maximum). No plastic bags!
- Tree limbs less than 4 inches are to be bundled with twine, no wire, in bundles in size less than 48 inches by 18 inches. Bundles cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- There are no weekly volume limits on yard waste.
- Yard waste mixed with trash cannot be collected.
- Yard waste is collected once a week on Monday.
Christmas Tree Recycling
The Des Peres Department of Public Works and the Department of Parks and Recreation will provide curbside recycling of Christmas trees. Trees collected by the city will be run through a chipper to create mulch which will be used in local parks this spring. Trees will be collected during the first two weeks of January with collection based on your location in the community. The schedule for pickup will be posted on the website in December.
The program is for residents only. Commercial properties for Christmas tree lots are not included. All trees and roping must have all ornaments, lights, and other decorations removed. No cutting or bundling is required. Please do not place trees in plastic bags.
Progressive Waste Solutions will also collect trees on Mondays during January for recycling at a commercial compost facility